St. Martin’s Island is a coral island in the northeastern part of the Bay of Bengal in the far south of Bangladesh. St. Martin’s Island is located about 9 km south of Teknaf in Cox’s Bazar district and 8 km west of the coast of Myanmar at the mouth of the Naf River. It is also locally known as Narikel Jinjira because of its abundance of coconuts.
From October to March, during this five-month trip to St. Martin, plan a 2-night tour, as the first day will go by noon, it’s not possible to get around in one day, so it’s best to plan a two-night tour and see the whole tour slowly.
There are many buses from Dhaka to Teknaf, one of them is St. Martin’s Transport, Shyamoli, Hanif, S Alam, and a few others. Rent (Dhaka – Teknaf) – Not more than 900 taka. The return fare is the same, you will get all the bus counters in Teknaf.
For those who live in Dhaka, it is best to buy a ship ticket in advance. You can also buy ship tickets online. Then the hassle of getting a ticket will be less. You can also get off the Teknaf bus and buy a ticket. Ticket price standing 500, seating 600-800. However, in my opinion, it is better to take a standing ticket, even if everyone wants to sit in the first place when they enter, if they leave the ship, everyone goes to the roof or verandah to see the view from outside.
The first thing that comes to mind when someone wants to come to St. Martin in the hotel. First, walk from the jetty wharf and come to the north beach with the right hand, if you have a woman with you, put it under the umbrella here for 1 hour with luggage, it will take 40-50 rupees per hour. Then you start looking for hotels around the beach. If you search well, you will get the hotel in a very short time. You can get a double bed within 1000 where 4/5 people can easily stay and in a beautiful environment with a perfect beach. However, from Sunday to Wednesday you will get these four days for 1000 rupees, from Thursday to Saturday the double bed is 1500-2000. In that case, there is more a solution, in the vicinity of “Zinjira Primary School” just inside the beach, you will get a hotel in less time (1000-1500) even during the weekly holidays.
Total cost per person (2 days basic):
Dhaka – Teknaf – Dhaka (coming and going) = 1800
Ship ticket = 500
Total 9 meals in 2 days = 1200 – 1400
Hotel Rent (2 days) = 600 (maximum)
Total Basic Cost: 4500 (Maximum)
* But you can reduce 500 more by bargaining everywhere.
- Get on the bus from Dhaka at 6/7 pm
- Have dinner in Comilla (between 120-150)
- The bus will reach Teknaf by 5/6 am.
- Get off the bus and there are 4/5 washrooms there, take 10 rupees, get fresh.
- Get fresh and have breakfast
- If there are many people with you, one will go and cut the ship ticket by having breakfast for the rest.
- After breakfast, go first and sit in the seat of the ship, who can sit first, otherwise, you will not get a place to sit. Of course, there is no problem, if you leave the ship after a while all the seats are empty. Everyone comes to the porch to see the scenery.
- The ship will leave at 9 / 9.30, and yes you will never forget seeing the scenery on your way to St. Martin.
- The ship will reach the jetty by 12 / 12.30 pm
- You have to get off the ship and walk for about 10 minutes, many people use vans, it is better not to.
- If the resort is fixed beforehand, go and check in the resort, and talk to the resort owner to fix the lunch menu.
- After lunch, you can take a rest and go out to see the sea, with a bicycle, bicycle rental is available, it will cost 40-50 rupees per hour. You can cycle around the island in the afternoon.
- You can try special coral barbecue at night, you will get it at a lower price if you take radish.
- After dinner, you can go to Sea Beach at night and chat together.
- Get up the next morning, have breakfast, and go to the jetty to catch the trawler, leave for the island, the fare will be between 150-200 per person. You can also take a speed boat, if you have 6/7 people, it will be between 1500-1600.
- The beauty of Chhera Island will fascinate everyone, especially the blue waters of the sea.
- When you leave the island, go back to the trawler before noon, you have to get on any one of the trawlers, your jetty will drop you off at the wharf.
- After lunch, you can rest and shop there for a while, although the price of things seems to be much higher.
- In the afternoon, everyone can go out for a walk around the sea beach again, and it is better to inform the owner of the resort about what you want to eat each time or where you will eat.
- After eating at night, you can go back to the beach and talk or chat together,
- After breakfast, check out the hotel at 11 o’clock. You can have lunch and board the ship at 2pm, and yes, don’t forget to watch the sunset when you arrive, I hope you have a memorable sunset.
- The ship will reach Teknaf by 5 / 5.30 pm, then freshen up and buy a bus ticket in the evening, have dinner at the bus stop in Chittagong at night. Coming to Dhaka will be the next morning.
Feel free to let us know in the comment box if you have any questions or queries regarding St. Martin. And do more and more tours, keep the places clean and tidy wherever you go, love the country, love the people of the country.